The television has vertical coloured lines on the screen. This is a problem common to many televisions. Vertical lines of colour usually appear on a TV screen when the T-Con board is not functioning properly. This can often be caused by loose wiring. Other times, the T-Con board itself may be faulty and needs to be replaced.
A TV screen that displays vertical colours can be caused by improperly connected wiring, a loose board, a control board “ground” problem, a damaged screen, or a defective T-Con board. Loose wire or bad T-Con board is explained below.
Watch this Video to fix the problem
What Causes Vertical Color Lines on a TV Screen?
If a TV has vertical lines of colour, a poorly connected cable may be the cause. If you knock on the back of the TV, the vertical coloured lines MAY temporarily disappear. This indicates that a cable is improperly connected or that the T-Con card is defective.
What to do when your TV has coloured vertical lines?
If you encounter a TV showing vertical coloured lines, try gently tapping on different areas on the back of the TV, you may see the vertical coloured lines disappear completely or their intensity may decrease. If so, you may just have a loose wiring cable. This is not a permanent solution but may prevent the vertical coloured lines from showing temporarily. To fix this problem permanently, you need to fix the problem and find out which wire harness may be loose, faulty, or damaged. Other TV-related issues: TV screen is black - On, but no picture
What can be done to fix vertical colour lines on a TV?
If you suspect a loose cable in your TV, you will need to open the TV, attach the cable, and check the T-Con board. To do this safely and without damaging your TV, please watch the video below for how to open a TV panel ...
How to remove the back panel from the TV?
IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTE - Before disassembling your TV, turn it off, unplug it and wait a few hours for the TV to discharge to avoid shock.
More TV issues: TV says NO SIGNAL - What to check - How to fix
What causes my TV to display vertical lines in colour? If you can't find any loose wiring cables on your TV, it's probably the T-Con card that's broken. Here's how to remove and replace your T-Con TV board.
How do I replace the T-Con board on my TV? (Timing control chart)
- Write down the brand of the television
- Write down the model number of the television
- Write down the serial number of the television
- Unscrew the back cover of the television
- Locate the screws at the rear or side of the TV panel (usually 8-10 screws).
- Locate the T-Con board - The board can be hidden under a cover (the T-Con is usually located at the top centre of the TV).
- T-Con board is connected to the mainboard (LVDS cable) and LCD panel (ribbon cables) 8.Disconnect the cables and ribbon cables that connect to the T-Con board. (Be careful when removing the cables as they are delicate and can be easily damaged. Do not use tools to force the cable connections.)
- remove the screws or nuts of the table T-Con to remove the TV
- Find the barcode on the instrument T-Con
- the first long alphanumeric code is the part number of the table T-Con
- Write down the part number from the T-Con board
- Go to Google and type in "T-Con board for TV, model number " (Or go to Amazon for faster shipping (yes, Amazon does sell TV components)
- Make sure your TV's T-Con board part number matches the one you find online. 15 . Buy table T-Con for your TV
How to install a T-Con board in a TV? (Timing control board)
- Place the new T-Con board where it was connected before
- Secure it using the supplied screws or nuts or the old T-Con screws or nuts.
- Secure the T-Con Board Cables (LVDS and Ribbon Cables) (Be careful when tying cables as they are delicate and can be easily damaged - Do not use tools to force cable connections. )
- Attach the cover to the T-Con board - if applicable
- Replace the back panel of the TV.
- Secure it with screws
- Turn on the TV and the colored vertical lines are gone - Fixed TV
Other TV related issues: Power light turns on, but no picture or sound NOTE: Be sure to troubleshoot before ordering new parts. This article is intended for the most common problems with vertical color lines on a TV screen. If you are having similar issues, you may need to troubleshoot a bit more to find the real problem.
All troubleshooting methods for which your LED LCD TV has vertical color lines apply to all brands of TVs - T-Con card works the same in all TVs and all of the above information can be used on all malfunctioning televisions. Council Con.
Bad T-Con board? Is your TV still under warranty? Check here using these TV brand links for warranty claims ranked by popularity: Samsung , Vizio , LG , Sony , Edge , Panasonic , Insignia , Toshiba , JVC , Philips , Magnavox , Sanyo , and Emerson .
Are you having trouble with your TV with vertical color lines? We can help! Please describe the problem below and include the model number of your TV.